Is this episode for you?
If you’re an entrepreneur who has a community for one of your paid offers (online course, live retreat, coaching program) and you want to ensure that your members get the most from it, while supporting your business goals as well; you’re in the right place.
Leslie Chen, the founder of www.ricelean.com reached out to me for help with her community for her new coaching program, Automated Freedom. She used my ultimate guide to engaging your online community members, to set it up and had some additional concerns that many community owners have. And I wanted to share some strategic advice and tactics that YOU can use to make your communities extremely valuable for your members.
In this episode we explore the #1 reason why your members might not be doing what you want them to be doing, and why you feel like you have to make a lot of “engaging” content.
I’m also thrilled to announce that not only can you listen to the podcast, you can WATCH it as well on YouTube. I changed up my workflow and now I can deliver VIDEO and AUDIO in almost the same amount of time! BOOM!
What do we cover in episode #4?
- We kicked things off with Leslie’s opinion on community guidelines. Perhaps you share her opinion.
- Explore what is her goal for her community (deeper than “bringing people together”)?
- By the way, it’s 2 parts.
- 1. What is your goal for your members? What are they walking away with?
- 2. And what are YOU walking away with?
- We explore Leslie’s specific goals for the community which initially was just “embrace the chaos”.
- What’s your bottom line for your community?
- What is the experience you want for your members?
- What do you want people to feel in relation to your group?
- Discover Leslie’s biggest fear when she was setting up her group. You probably had the same fear.
- The one emotion that should not be involved when you craft your guidelines.
- Be a fly on the wall as I do a community audit for Leslie’s group.
- Learn a fantastic idea that can help consolidate the information that each member shares, creates a journey for them AND allows you to collect fantastic testimonials and case studies.
- How to create files directly in your FB group.
- Learn what Leslie wished she had known from the beginning.
- Why guidelines are like saving for retirement
- Why you need to balance meeting people where they are and maintaining your stance as a brand.
- Around minute 29, Diana gets silly.
- Around minute 31 we wrap things up and kick off da’bloopers!
Fascinating people and resources from this episode
- Leslie Chen — The founder of www.ricelean.com, helping people lose 50 pounds effortlessly with asian food and nutrition wisdom.
- My Ultimate Guide to Engaging Your Online Community Members.
- Hilde Fossen — Stylist for female entrepreneurs at www.getstyleconfidence.com
- Primoz Bozic’s Asshole theme for 2018.
- Nick Wolny: The ultimate guide ghost writer and social media strategist behind www.nickwolny.com.
- The Diana Tower Show Podcast — You can get all the details here.
I’d love to hear from YOU in the comments below. What was the most useful thing you learnt in this episode? Leave a comment and let me know.
Also, what do you think about this format? Do you like having the video? I’m testing things out and your opinion matters to me.
Sign up to get exclusive access to behind the scene video bloopers and other juicy bonuses.